The Foundation for Understanding and Enhancement (FUNEN) is a non-profit public-benefit corporation established in 1988. The overall goal of the organization is to sponsor and support activities to enhance understanding, knowledge and opportunities among the peoples of the world.
FUNEN accomplishes its mission through program in four key areas: Policy, Community Services, Environmental Management and Cultural Showcase. Typically, each program has multiple projects.
- Non Profit: 501 (c)(3) founded in 1988
- Board of Directors - sets policy
- President and Staff - manage programs
- Support from Government, Businesses, Industry,
Foundations and Individuals
- Emphasis on collaborative projects in the Unites
States and overseas
- Policy Review Journal
- Pro Bono Pro - Volunteer Base